The GMS compound used to belong to Omega station, before it was abandoned.
|Located in||Lower Underrail|
|Areas||GMS compound level 1|
GMS Compound - Cave
GMS compound level 2
GMS compound level 3
|Connections||GMS warehouse block|
GMS compound is the first major dungeon the player visits during Underrail storyline. It is located in Lower Underrail, and can be accessed via the Lower Underrail exit from South Gate Station, by heading north from the station platform on SGS level 1.
The player travels there during Gorsky's task and is tasked with finding a way to open the sealed door on the first level of GMS compound.
Level 1: Offices
The initial level, some dusty old offices full of rathounds and junk. A large sealed door is located near the entrance. To the west is an unpowered elevator, to the northwest are stairs and the power generator for the whole compound is also on this level.
An Omni-Tool can usually be found somewhere on the first level, and it proves useful as the whole compound proper is full of accessible ventilation shafts. Just remember that rathounds are more than capable of crawling inside the same ventilation tunnels.
During your mission here, Gorsky's team will be waiting near the entrance.
- A room in the southwest part of the area has a door requiring 25 Hacking.
- In the southeast corner is a Power Generator. It can be configured to bring power back to the elevator
- In the southeast part of the area, there's a room with a footlocker that requires 25 Lockpicking or can be opened with the Key (GMS)
- South of the entrance is a room with blood and bones. A locker in this room contains an Omega ID Card oddity, 1 XP
- West of the entrance is a room that has a door requiring 20 Lockpicking.
- The room to the northwest has a door that requires 20 Hacking
- The level 2 below can be reached:
- Either by using the stairs which is the exit in the northwest corner of the area
- Or by using the elevator on the west wall after restoring power with the generators in the southeast corner
- The storage room locked behind heavy doors on the north side can be opened after the quest is complete. Refer to Gorsky's task for details. It leads to the burrower caves
GMS Compound - Cave
Level 2: Storage
This level is largely devoid of living creatures. Armed Sentry Bots and Small Sentry Bots roam around. Being seen by the cameras will attract the bots towards you. Breaking in to the storage rooms can yield some useful loot.
The stairway leading down is blocked by rubble, so the player has to find another way to advance.
- In the middle room:
- In the southwest, 2 bluish rooms require 50 Hacking or Biology Lab Key Card (GMS) to open the doors
- The room north of the mushrooms can be unlocked with 20 Hacking or with the Surveillance Room Keycard (GMS) found on the first floor
- To the south is a room requiring 30 Hacking to open any of its 2 doors
- It can also be accessed from the ventilation shafts
- The shelves contain an Omega ID Card oddity, 1 XP
- In the SE corner there are 2 rooms:
- The north one has shelves containing a Warehouse Inventory List oddity, 2 XP
- The north one also has a footlocker requiring 25 Lockpicking to open and containing an Omega ID Card oddity, 1 XP
- The south one has a locker containing a Protectorate Propaganda oddity, 1 XP
- The south one also has a trap door that requires 50 Lockpicking or can be opened with the Emergency Hatch Key (GMS) from the dead body in the same area.
- On the eastern wall are some shelves. The south one hides a secret passage (need 7 Perception) leading to a locker with some loot and an Old Data Medium oddity, 1 XP
- The room in the NE corner has 2 entrance doors, one is unlocked and the other requires 15 Lockpicking. It contains a metal crate with an Encyclopedia Fragment oddity, 1 XP
Level 3: Commons
This level consists of a relatively clean living area with cafeteria, and some storage rooms. The elevator on this level is broken, but it can be repaired with 15 mechanics skill. This level has been recently overtaken by raiders, coming in from the adjacent Lower Caves.
- The eastern exit leads to Lower Caves, area Caves 13
- The ladder room (first room accessed from teh trap door on level 2) :
- North of the ladder room is a turret with a dead man who has Bloomberg's Key and Protectorate Propaganda oddity, 1 XP
- East block of 2 rooms with double beds, south room:
- East block of 2 rooms with double beds, north room:
- The locker requires 25 Lockpicking
- West block of 4 rooms, NE room:
- The footlocker requires 25 Lockpicking
- West block of 4 rooms, SE room:
- The desk contains an Omega ID Card oddity, 1 XP
- West block of 4 rooms, SW room:
- The locker contains an Omega ID Card oddity, 1 XP
- West block of 4 rooms, NW room:
- Room to the northwest near the stairs
- The kitchen contains multiple food items
- The elevator can be repaired with 15 Mechanics
- The NPCs Sully, Old Citizen and Citizen are all hostages to the raiders on this level
Burrower nesting area near the GMS compound. It is to the north of the storage room on the level 1 of the compound, and requires completing Gorsky's task first before it can be accessed (you may have to go back to South Gate Station and talk to Quinton to recover the keycard once the quest is complete).
The layout of the cave follows a clockwise spiral, ending at the middle of the cave.
Inside the cave, you will find 3 major groups of burrowers, consisting of 2-3 normal burrowers as well as 3-4 spawns. Note that there are a couple burrowers and spawns between these groups as well.
The first group can be found close to the entrance. As you advance, you will see the cave split into a small wing to the west, which will be inhabited by burrowers.
The second group is located on the northern corridor. It can be found immediately after the pushable rock (strength 8 required). Pushing the rock will trigger a cutscene and immediately dispatch the second group of borrowers. Note, however, that doing so, will block access to a small crevice to the east where the body of a Dead Woman can be found. From her body the player can loot a Rathound Leather Armor, a Molotov Cocktail, a Tornado Crossbow, 13 crossbow bolts, a can of Gasoline, 1 Napalm C and 1 Magnesium Powder.
The third and final group can be found in the eastern corridor. Again, they are located after a pushable rock (strength 8 required).
At the southern end of the eastern corridor, the player can find some Destructible rocks, behind which a deactivated Sentry Bot sits quietly. The rocks can be dispatched by either pushing the aforementioned rock, or using TNT charge. The sentry bot can then be powered up using any kind of Battery. Doing so will cause the sentry bot to join the player as a temporary follower. Note that the friendly bot will not leave the caves when the player exits.
Finally, at the centre of the cave, the player can find a Burrower Warrior munching on the corpse of a Dead Man. The Warrior can be easily killed by using any of the previous rocks encountered (provided that the player killed the respective group by hand). If you want to use this strategy, simply lure the warrior back to the second pushable rock and activate it.