This industrial complex, in addition of being a foundry, also houses its workers, as well as a number of traders and the renowned Foundry Guard.
|Urban area information|
|Located in||Lower Underrail|
|Areas||railyard, main street, west Foundry, residential, rooftops, slums, tunnel, bunker, furnaces, Gloria|
Foundry mine, Crystal Cave
|Connections||Lower Underrail (south)|
Foundry Mine (northeast)
|Fast Travel||Lower Underrail metro|
Rift (southwest rooftops)
|NPCs||Mayor, Chief, Dan, Bernard, Leonie, Barkeeper, Kevin, Bryan, Estelle, Doc, Bobby, West, Messer, Nicolas, Olivia, Everard|
Foundry is the industrial heart of Lower Underrail.
Foundry is famous and widely respected for its strong heavy industry. It has the only working metallurgical facility in the entire South Underrail. It produces all manner of metal components, including weapon and automaton parts. It's particularly famed for its TiChrome alloy. It covers the entire South Underrail market with these and also exports heavily to northern regions.
Foundry also ranks as the safest of all places in South Underrail, and perhaps the entire Underrail when it comes to outside threats. This is due to the station being heavily fortified and their guards highly trained, well equipped, and numerous. Their troops are also battle-hardened due to their frequent skirmishes with their hated enemies, the Ironheads. Foundry's justice system is also one of the more civilized ones in the relatively wild South Underrail.
Citizens of Foundry are quite wealthy in comparison to other Southerners and enjoy certain social benefits rarely seen in other places, such as life insurance, free health-care and pensions. Despite all this, Foundry is not a good place to live. The pollution levels are off the charts and working conditions are quite hazardous. People die regularly from cancer, heavy metal poisoning, and workplace mishaps.
It's ruled by the democratically elected Mayor who manages station internal affairs along with independently elected Chief of Security. They adopted isolationist political philosophy where they do not meddle in affairs of others or take part in inter-station events, but also reject all attempts by other stations to influence them. They do not hide their distrust of the Protectorate, but are willing to do business with them just as much as with any other station.
The main street of the town. Most shops and services are located in here.
- The south exit leads to Lower Underrail, area Lower Underrail B24
- The west exit leads to area West Foundry
- The north exit leads to area Furnaces
- Southwest area:
- Southeast area:
- Claude the water chap in the center of the area
- The northeast building
- The central building
- Doomsayer — a tchortist
West of the main street. A couple more shops, some residential buildings and the town hall are located here.
- The east exit leads to area Central Foundry
- The north exit leads to area Residential area
- The door of the house:
- Electronics store in the southeast:
- The central east house
- The junk pile close to pigs in the northeast contains a Strange Comm Device oddity, 1 XP
- Kirk Messer owns the meat shop in the northeast building
- In the center is a locked building
- On the west side is a locker room:
- The southwest building:
- To the south (of the burning barrel) are some apartments:
- The northwest office:
- Dan Forte — Gorsky's old friend. Talking to him will eventually lead him to tell you that Kevin is dealing in weapons
- On the rooftop (can be accessed with the ladders in rooms to the southwest):
The northwest corner of the town.
- The south exit leads to area West Foundry
- The east exit leads to area Furnaces
- The barrel in the NE corner contains a Scrapture oddity, 1 XP
- The room west of the NE barrel:
- The central north room:
- The NW building:
- The SW building:
- The south room is home to Anna
- The SE room is home to Nicolas
- The central stairs going up:
- The central stairs going down lead to the area Slums
Below the residential area are slums.
- Has an electronic lock requiring 10 Hacking. It leads to a trap door (10 Lockpicking) leading to the area Bunker
- The Bum with robes carries a Foundry Plans oddity, 1 XP
- There is a hidden junk pile that won't show up when highlighted, containing Blueprint: Psi Reinvigorator and Scrapture oddity, 1 XP
A tunnel connecting the bunker with Evelyn's home.
- Is accessed from the elevator in the tunnel under the secret trap door in Evelyn's house in the SW corner of the Residential Area
- Is accessed from the trap door in the slums from the Foundry's residential area
- Dead men room:
- The bedroom to the southeast:
- The personal laptop next to the bedroom can be used to start the quest Foundry murders. Access to the computer can be done using Hacking or by finding the Piece of Paper in the bedroom
- The power rooms to the southwest:
- The shelves behind the curtains in the kitchen contain a Foundry Plans oddity, 1 XP
The main furnaces where ore and metal is smelted. North from main street, east from residential area.
- The south exit leads to area Central Foundry
- The west exit leads to area Residential area
- The north exit leads to area Gloria
- The east exit leads to Foundry Mine, area Mine 1
- The barrel in the SE corner contains a Skeleton Visor oddity, 2 XP
- The cart near the E exit contains a Fertility Figurine oddity, 2 XP
- The consoleVerify
- The south exit leads to area Furnaces
- The lower central exit leads to Foundry Mine, area Mine 2
- The barrel in the SW corner contains a Foundry Plans oddity, 1 XP
- Bernard - Gloria's keeper
Foundry has its own high security prison.
The mines where Foundry gets its ore. East from the furnaces.
Foundry Global Map