|Located in||Core City|
Arena ticket booths
|Connections||Core City Middle Level|
|NPCs||Lanista, Babar, Filibert, Boycie, Jerry, Garry|
The Arena is a location in Core City.
The masters of Core City know how to keep the masses complacent though. What started as place for gangs to settle their disputes has grown to become the most popular form of entertainment in the city and the whole of South Underrail. We're talking about the Arena, the Roman style field of combat where they pit men against various deadly creatures as well as gladiator against gladiator. All for the viewing pleasure of the numerous Arena fans. Watching people die violently is the favorite pastime for the oppressed masses of Core City.
People from all over the Underrail pay for the privilege to watch direct broadcasts of these fights as well as take trips to Core City to watch the matches live, if they can manage to get hold of tickets which are always sold out quickly. The Arena and the its betting office have made the oligarch families rich.
Players will, of course, be given an opportunity to test themselves in the Arena and see if they have what it takes to climb all the way to the top and claim the title of Invictus.
The arena is located on the middle level of Core City, west of Hardcore City Bar and the merchants.
Arena ticket booths
- The eastern exit leads to Core City Middle Level, area Merchant district
- The Praetorian Bomber and the 2 Praetorian Gunners each carry a Praetorian Security Insignia oddity, 3 XP
- The door to the ticket booths requires 90 Lockpicking. The lockers inside each contain a few hundred Stygian Coins, 1450 in total, and require 30-70 skill to open
- Garry will appear after winning the 5th fight in the Arena, and will provide counsel about the next oppenent
- The barrel near Boycie contains an "ArenaNow" Broadcasting Schedule oddity, 1 XP
- The NW room near Boycie requires 30 Lockpicking.
- The W room near Boycie requires 30 Lockpicking.
- The SW room near Boycie requires 30 Lockpicking.
- Lanista takes applications to fight in the arena (see quest Become the Invictus for details)
- The locker behind Lanista contains the loot from all victims during the fights (both enemies and allies)
- This area is only available during the fights. Talk to Lanista in the Arena offices to access it
- Become the Invictus: Defeat all the arena challengers and claim the title of Invictus