South Gate Station
|South Gate Station|
This is your home base. It's a vertical compound that spans between Lower Underrail and lower caves.
|Urban area information|
|Music||Echoes of the City|
|Located in||Lower Underrail|
|Areas||Lower Underrail: South Gate Station |
South Gate Station level 1
South Gate Station level 2
South Gate Station level 3
South Gate Station level 4
South Gate Station level 5
South Gate Station level 6
South Gate Station level 7
South Gate Station level 8
South Gate Station level 9
South Gate Station Docks
|Connections||Lower Underrail (level 1) |
Crossroad Watch (level 9)
Chancer's Bay (level 9 docks)
|Fast Travel||Lower Underrail metro (level 1)|
Lower Caves ferry (level 9 docks)
Rift (level 8 agronomy)
|NPCs||Essie, Bisson, Harland, Gorsky, Lucas, Hadrian Tanner, Vera Hale, Pasquale, Ezra, Harold, Quinton, Malcom, Captain Svana, Arlene, Najed, Wayne, Roman, Jack Quicksilver, Lenox, Ethan E|
South Gate Station, also known as SGS, is the home station of the player.
South Gate Station is the first major urban location and also the first major station of the Underrail metro network in the game. It is an old military installation consisting of nine floors, the topmost being at the level of Lower Underrail and the deepest parts reaching the caves below the Underrail network.
South Gate is an autonomous community and not a member of United Stations, but could become its first member in south Underrail. It is the most powerful station in the entire south Lower Underrail. It has its own internal currency, SGS Credits, but Stygian Coin is also accepted by the merchants of South Gate. The station maintains peaceful trade relations with United Stations Embassy, Rail Crossing and other major settlements in south Lower Underrail.
South Gate Station is ruled by a council of three - Hadrian Tanner, Vera Hale and Gorsky. The council holds meetings and discusses important political and security matters with other key members of the community such as Ezra, Old Jonas and the player. Depending on the player's actions, South Gaters may become involved in a gang war over the control of Junkyard.
Details of each level in the stations.
Level 1 - Lower Underrail Station Platform and Barracks
This level is split into four areas. The barracks are north of the elevator. The underpass runs under the station platform. The station platform also continues to south.
Exit to northern Lower Underrail is north of the barracks. Exit to Lower Underrail tunnels is sealed and monitored by Harland. Exit to southern Lower Underrail is south of the station proper.
- North platform, two footlockers requiring 30 Lockpicking each
- North platform, a locker requiring 30 Lockpicking
- North platform, the NW footlocker can be opened with the SGS Barracks Footlocker Key as part of the quest Jack's delivery job. It contains a Package
- Essie — guide
- Bisson (in the north platform) — martial arts specialist, psionic trainer
- Harland (in the underpass) — under-passage exit guard
Level 2 - Armory and Shooting Range
This level contains the tutorial area and a shooting range and armory where you can buy weapons. It is a tightly guarded area; all of SGS's munitions are stored here.
- The tutorial area (southern half of the map) is only accessible during the tutorial
- The shooting range can be used to check your average damage with ranged weapons
- The NE room:
- The E room:
Level 3 - Commons and Cantina
In addition to commons and cantina, Tanner's office is also on this level. You can meet many south gaters and other characters loitering in the cantina at different times.
- Hadrian Tanner — councilor
- Jack Quicksilver (temporary)
- Newton (after recovering)
- Old Jonas (after finding the drill parts)
- Lenox (during a quest)
Level 4 - Administration and Library
Most of SGS administration is perfomed here. Vera's office and council meeting room adjoin the large library.
- Northeast of Vera's room is a server room which requires 10 Hacking to enter
Level 5 - Private Quarters
Private quarters of the SGS residents.
After a short introduction scene, you start the game in this level, in your own private quarters. People usually don't loiter around here, so this level is mostly deserted during day time. Some loot can be found in the other rooms, but opening their doors requires rather high lockpicking or hacking skills.
- The room north of your quarters
- The room next to the elevator
- Along the east-west corridor, the north wall has 3 rooms:
- Along the east-west corridor, the south wall has 2 rooms:
- The western one requires 50 Hacking
- The eastern one:
Level 6 - Medical and Psionics
The medical level and gymnasium. Expect to visit it often if you have a tendency to get hurt, as Dr. Pasquale can heal your wounds without depleting your own precious medical supplies.
- Pasquale is a medicine merchant and a doctor who can heal you for free. He carries Mortuary Keycard (South Gate Station)
- The door to the NE room (morgue):
- Bisson (after south metro tunnel is cleared) — martial arts specialist, psionic trainer
- Newton (when rescued)
Level 7 - Engineering and Cyber Labs
Both the engineering and cyber labs sections are located on this level.
- 2 locked doors requiring 30 Hacking lead to the server room to the southeast of the cyber section
Level 8 - Agronomy and Pens
This level contains the agronomy section and cave hopper pens. Most of South Gate's food comes from here.
- The south biology room:
- The fridge area to the southwest can be accessed with 15 Lockpicking. Several food items can be found there.
- Quinton, biologist and psionic trainer
- carries Quinton's Keycard (SGS), which opens the gate to the laboratory east of him
- Big Bret — agronomist
- Involved in multiple quests
- The room west of the elevator:
Level 9 - Cave Tunnel Exit and Docks